Uplift your heart and mind through meditation
The Adelaide Shambhala Meditation Group is a vibrant, welcoming and supportive community dedicated to recognising and revealing the innate goodness within us all.
We are part of a global community, led by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche. Shambhala presents the wisdom traditions of Buddhism and Tibet through accessible, modern and dynamic teachings. The teachings and practices uncover the compassion, clarity, joy and goodness within ourselves and each other, and connect us to the natural world.
We offer free meditation instruction for beginners and support for experienced practitioners with a range of regular meditation sessions, courses and retreats. You are warmly invited to join us!
Established in 2006 we are part of Shambhala International, a community of over 200 meditation and retreat centers spread across over 50 countries including centres in Australia and New Zealand:
- Melbourne: https://melbourne.shambhala.info
- Sydney: http://sydney.shambhala.org/
- Northern Rivers: https://northernrivers.shambhala.info/
- Auckland: https://auckland.shambhala.info/
- Wellington: https://wellington.shambhala.info/
One of the best know senior Shambhala teachers is Pema Chodron who has conducted workshops, seminars and meditation retreats across the world. She is also an inspirational author of many books and audiobooks including; When Things Fall Apart and Comfortable with Uncertainty.
Regular Adelaide programs include:
- Monday evening Open House (weekly, starting at 7.00 pm) provides a gentle introduction to mindfulness meditation, the Shambhala Buddhist teachings and our community. It is an opportunity to learn sitting and walking meditation and engage in discussions about the application of teachings to everyday life.
- A full-day of practice (third Saturday of each month, starting at 9.30 am) provides an opportunity to deepen and energise practice. The day includes sitting and walking meditation, discussion and a shared lunch.
- A well-defined path of workshops, retreats and programs (see calendar for upcoming events) enables people to explore greater depth and breadth in their learning.