For over ten years the Adelaide Shambhala Meditation Group has been facilitating programs, workshops and retreats that create safe spaces for us to work with our minds and hearts through meditation. We offer public meditation classes, mindfulness training workshops, retreats and a wide range of teachings from the Shambhala Buddhist tradition.
We invite you to explore our diverse meditation programs designed to help people of all traditions discover their inherent clarity, gentleness and humor.
Established in 2006 we are part of Shambhala International, a community of over 200 meditation and retreat centers spread across over 50 countries including centres in Australia and New Zealand:
- Melbourne: https://melbourne.shambhala.info
- Sydney: http://sydney.shambhala.org/
- Northern Rivers: https://northernrivers.shambhala.info/
- Auckland: https://auckland.shambhala.info/
- Wellington: https://wellington.shambhala.info/
One of the best know senior Shambhala teachers is Pema Chodron who has conducted workshops, seminars and meditation retreats across the world. She is also an inspirational author of many books and audiobooks including; When Things Fall Apart and Comfortable with Uncertainty.
Regular Adelaide programs include:
- Monday evening Open House (weekly, starting at 7.00 pm) provides a gentle introduction to mindfulness meditation, the Shambhala Buddhist teachings and our community. It is an opportunity to learn sitting and walking meditation and engage in discussions about the application of teachings to everyday life.
- A full-day of practice (third Saturday of each month, starting at 9.30 am) provides an opportunity to deepen and energise practice. The day includes sitting and walking meditation, discussion and a shared lunch.
- A well-defined path of workshops, retreats and programs (see calendar for upcoming events) enables people to explore greater depth and breadth in their learning.
Deepen Your Practice
Consider attending January’s special week of meditation.
See what others have said about attending a meditation retreat in the video below or find out more information on Adelaide’s program here.